January Prayer List
Please join us in prayer for the following issues in our nation:
- For those IDPs (internally displaced people) who were displaced by the regime’s callous Operation Murambatsvina. Pray that they will be able to rebuild their lives and plant crops with the onset of the rains.
- For the churches who are trying to identify and assist these people with food, housing and clothing, but are hampered particularly by lack of manpower, lack of fuel and lack of funds. Pray that the Zimbabwe regime will humble itself to accept the offer (from the UN) of tents to house some of the IDPs.
- 24% of the population is infected with HIV / AIDS; the average life expectancy is now only 34 years. Please pray for the hungry, the malnourished, and those affected by AIDS.
- Please pray that the UN and the international community will find its voice and speak strongly against the evil in this land.
- Please also pray that God will raise up godly men and women to lead this country forward.
- That our leaders will be brought to a place of repentance and acknowledgment of their need of Jesus as their Saviour.
- For pastors: for wisdom, courage and discernment.
- For Christians (and others) who are at the forefront of the fight against human rights abuses; that they may be strengthened and encouraged, and have the vision to continue their work even in the face of danger.
- Give thanks for the rains which have fallen and pray for a good rainy season.